Toolchain for ARMv4 not ARMv4T

shannon chuang

Apr 1, 2009, 6:09:43 AM4/1/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm newbie in Android.

As I know, the prebuild toolchain in Android source is for ARMv5.

Goolu has released one for ARMv4T (for neo 1973 and freerunner which core is ARM920T).

But my target CPU only support ARMv4 (not ARMv4T, no thumb).

Is there anyone knows where can get one to support ARMv4 or how do I build one base on google's toolchain source?

Thanks,
Shannon

fadden

Apr 1, 2009, 1:12:55 PM4/1/09
to android-porting
On Apr 1, 3:09 am, shannon chuang <shannon427.chu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Goolu has released one for ARMv4T (for neo 1973 and freerunner which core is
> ARM920T).
>
> But my target CPU only support ARMv4 (not ARMv4T, no thumb).

From bionic/libc/arch-arm/include/machine/cpu-features.h:

# elif defined __ARM_ARCH_4__
# error ARMv4 is not supported, please use ARMv4T at a minimum
# else

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Apr 1, 2009, 1:19:45 PM4/1/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
To be a bit more explicit, we've looked around for devices with
pre-ARMv4T instruction sets that'd be likely to run the entire Android
stack acceptably, and didn't find any significant enough candidate to
justify efforts in that area (especially given the magnitude of the
efforts).

JBQ
--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru