Android porting on new device on new ARCH

Pankaj Joshi

Apr 9, 2021, 10:54:18 AM4/9/21
to android-porting

Hi all,

I want to port android to the new ARCH which is currently not supported by AOSP but linux is up and running on it.
I want to understand my few concerns while getting started can someone kindly help me to get it clarified

1) what are  efforts to port android to new ARCH
2) what and all common things from the linux i can reuse for android
3) What and all changes may required in BSP w.r.t Android as i already have BSP for linux can i reuse some of them ??
4) are there any ARCH and board specific changes needed in AOSP ??

Thanks

Leander...@gmx.at

Apr 22, 2021, 5:26:34 PM4/22/21
to android-porting
I'm not an expert, but I can tell you that you will need toolchain support for your architecture, which could be a lot of work to implement. From my perspective major changes are required to port android to a new arch.
Just curious: Which architecture do you want to port it to?