ANDROID9 how can enable multiple networks

mario sangalli

Apr 22, 2021, 11:07:45 AM4/22/21
to android-platform

Hello Team, I'm working on embedded android system (9).
No much experience with Android, only with linux :-)
I' ve Ethernet , 4G and WiFi connections and I've to use them all at  same time,
using 4G as preferred network.
While Ethernet and 4G can operate at same time , wiFi is not available.
Changing teardownUnneededNetwork() in ConnectivityService.java do not
seems to work as expected....
Also, there is a way to force 4G to be the preferred (internet) media?
currently Ethernet seems to be the preferred media but I want to use
Eth as a LAN , not as a WAN
Thanks
Mario

blheal...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2021, 11:12:48 AM4/30/21
to android-platform
Have you tried Android Developer Settings, allow "Mobile data always active"

I am not sure about your specific question, though I am not sure if you need to change anything in android to get this functionality.
In Android 9, I have noticed that if I have a static IP data SIM, I can access the LTE network IP even when Wi-Fi is on and connected.
On our device we have SSH and VNC, so we can use that public Static IP to see the device even though it was on Wi-Fi, the 4G network was running as well. I don't know how relevant it is for your use case, but this is all I know!

Khin San Ohn

May 3, 2021, 10:23:54 AM5/3/21
to android-...@googlegroups.com