Generate SDK from Source?

Muthu Ramadoss

Nov 6, 2008, 11:05:33 PM11/6/08
to android-platform
I'm thinking of a few enhancements to activitycreator

* generate tests folder and run instrumentation

* add maven support to existing ant support

I can see the source code for activitycreator in development/tools.
However, not able to find out how to generate the sdk from the source,
so the activitycreator commits can be tested effectively as an end
user.

Any ideas?

http://mobeegal.in - mobile search. redefined.

koba

Nov 6, 2008, 11:54:02 PM11/6/08
to android-platform
Hi,

Try 'make sdk'
Then whole sdk tools are rebuilt.
You should use sun jdk5 rather than jdk6.

$ sudo apt-get install sun-java5-jdk
And set environment variable JAVA_HOME and PATH properly.

I got this info from here. Thanks.
http://www.evan129.com/2008/11/02/android-platform-study-tips-eng/

Muthu Ramadoss

Nov 6, 2008, 11:56:23 PM11/6/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I'm using JDK 6 now.. Hmm.. May be that's the problem?

I'll switch to JDK 5 and see if 'make sdk' gives me the SDK and not just the SDK docs.

take care,
Muthu Ramadoss.

http://mobeegal.in - mobile search. redefined. +91 98403 48914

Muthu Ramadoss

Nov 7, 2008, 12:48:49 AM11/7/08
to android-platform
Forgot to add I'm using Fedora 9.

Anyone had success with 'make sdk' on Fedora 9?

On Nov 7, 9:56 am, "Muthu Ramadoss" <muthu.ramad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks. I'm using JDK 6 now.. Hmm.. May be that's the problem?
>
> I'll switch to JDK 5 and see if 'make sdk' gives me the SDK and not just the
> SDK docs.
>
> take care,
> Muthu Ramadoss.
>
> http://mobeegal.in- mobile search. redefined. +91 98403 48914

koba

Nov 7, 2008, 1:23:05 AM11/7/08
to android-platform
How about get JDK5 from Sun site?
http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/5.0_15/index.html

On 11月7日, 午後2:48, Muthu Ramadoss <muthu.ramad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Forgot to add I'm using Fedora 9.
>
> Anyone had success with 'make sdk' on Fedora 9?
>
> On Nov 7, 9:56 am, "Muthu Ramadoss" <muthu.ramad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks. I'm using JDK 6 now.. Hmm.. May be that's the problem?
>
> > I'll switch to JDK 5 and see if 'make sdk' gives me the SDK and not just the
> > SDK docs.
>
> > take care,
> > Muthu Ramadoss.
>
> >http://mobeegal.in-mobile search. redefined. +91 98403 48914

Muthu Ramadoss

Nov 7, 2008, 1:24:24 AM11/7/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, Looks like the JDK 5 issue.. Downloading it right now.

take care,
Muthu Ramadoss.

http://mobeegal.in - mobile search. redefined. +91 98403 48914

Muthu Ramadoss

Nov 7, 2008, 2:19:52 AM11/7/08
to android-platform
Confirmed.. You need JDK5 to run 'make sdk'. Finally, the SDK is
generated.. phew.

Thanks koba.

On Nov 7, 11:23 am, koba <tetsu.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How about get JDK5 from Sun site?http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/5.0_15/index.html
>
> On 11月7日, 午後2:48, Muthu Ramadoss <muthu.ramad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Forgot to add I'm using Fedora 9.
>
> > Anyone had success with 'make sdk' on Fedora 9?
>
> > On Nov 7, 9:56 am, "Muthu Ramadoss" <muthu.ramad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Thanks. I'm using JDK 6 now.. Hmm.. May be that's the problem?
>
> > > I'll switch to JDK 5 and see if 'make sdk' gives me the SDK and not just the
> > > SDK docs.
>
> > > take care,
> > > Muthu Ramadoss.
>
> > >http://mobeegal.in-mobilesearch. redefined. +91 98403 48914

RonanWu

Dec 18, 2008, 7:58:12 AM12/18/08
to android-platform
Dear All,

I removed JDK1.6,
and install JDK1.5
set $JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun

and than "make sdk" again

but the following messages show,
What's the problem?
----------------------------
WARNING: Ignored option -J-Xmx768m. Pass this option to the VM if
required.
WARNING: Ignored option -J-Djava.library.path=out/host/linux-x86/lib.
Pass this option to the VM if required.
WARNING: Cannot locate class java.lang.Object referenced in class
junit.runner.StandardTestSuiteLoader
WARNING: Error while loading class NumberFormat
WARNING: Error while loading class Component
WARNING: Cannot locate class ClassLoader referenced in class
junit.runner.TestCaseClassLoader
WARNING: Error while loading class URL
WARNING: Cannot locate class Object referenced in class
junit.framework.TestFailure
WARNING: Error while loading class PrintWriter
WARNING: Error while loading class StringWriter
WARNING: Error while loading class Vector
WARNING: Error while loading class Enumeration
WARNING: Cannot locate class Error referenced in class
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError
WARNING: Error while loading class Constructor
WARNING: Error while loading class PrintStream
WARNING: Error while loading class Arrays
WARNING: Error while loading class NoSuchElementException
WARNING: Error while loading class IOException
WARNING: Error while loading class OutputStream
WARNING: Error while loading class OutputStreamWriter

Joe Onorato

Dec 18, 2008, 10:31:04 AM12/18/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think it's still finding a different javac.  What does the first line of javac -version say?  I think you need to make sure that the javac, java and javadoc are the ones in your path, in addition to setting JAVA_HOME.

-joe

RonanWu

Dec 18, 2008, 9:03:00 PM12/18/08
to android-platform
Dear Joe,
Thank you very much.

I relink the javadoc and javadoc.1.gz to the right one under
java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.16
and everything goes well.
------
$ cd /etc/alternatives
$ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.16/bin/javadoc javadoc
$ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.16/man/man1/javadoc.
1.gz javadoc.1.gz
-----

On 12月18日, 下午11時31分, "Joe Onorato" <j...@android.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think it's still finding a different javac. What does the first line of
> javac -version say? I think you need to make sure that the javac, java and
> javadoc are the ones in your path, in addition to setting JAVA_HOME.
>
> -joe

malmeida

Dec 22, 2008, 10:00:05 PM12/22/08
to android-platform
In Ubuntu you can run

sudo update-alternatives --config javadoc

to change the default javadoc. You don't need to manually relink if
you run this command.

Marcelo