Camera Orientation issue: Android Pie default Camera application

Devendra Devadiga

Jan 9, 2021, 2:33:40 PM1/9/21
to android-platform

Hi,
I am using an (Android Pie) AOSP Camera2  application. (packages/apps/Camera2)

We are using Camera module OV5640. Able to preview and capture the image and video in reverse landscape mode.
But the mechanical enclosure fitting camera module rotated 90 degrees right physically.
And in camera application for preview, image is coming as 90 degree left and mirror also enabled.

Original position of Camera module:

original_position.png

90 Degree rotated right:

90_degree_rotated_right.png

Getting the image like this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OFaaUA6m4_UFNy5pQH1_JMsBlkeqLF7t/view?usp=drivesdk

Please can you help on this ? What changes do I need to do in the Camera Application?

Thanks and Regards,

Devendra