Re: Does OpenCV for Android have the same functions than the "standard" OpenCV?

Rui Marques

Aug 21, 2012, 12:49:10 PM8/21/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
The short answer is not all C++ functions have a Java wrapper. Although i would say a great majority has.
Taking this into account and the fact that you have some code from the desktop, your best option is probably to program in native code.
You can read more about your question here:
http://opencv.org/platforms/android.html

On Tuesday, 21 August 2012 02:42:33 UTC+1, Pedro Cisneros wrote:
Hi everybody
That is my main question: Does OpenCV for Android have the same functions than the "standard" OpenCV?
Maybe the answer is yes, but maybe some functions doesn't have a JAVA wrapper, so it will better to program in native code in Android.
I really need this answer, because my final undergraduate project depends on this! (Specially, I'm daring to do some sort of stereo matching and 3D reconstruction of simple surfaces that already had  been tested on a desktop in the lab).
Thanks =)
Pedro

Andrey Kamaev

Aug 22, 2012, 3:19:53 AM8/22/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
There are only two real cuts in OpenCV for Android:

* no GUI functionality (imshow, namedWindow, etc)
* no video IO, only camera capturing is supported

/Andrey