Using OpenCV GPU module on android

Jimmy Yuan

Apr 19, 2012, 11:48:07 AM4/19/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone

I am doing an Uni project involving GPU-based image processing on a mobile device. I have been doing a lot of research on it over last few weeks and most of it involves opencv, I realise there is an opencv GPU module, but the mobile SoC is quite different from the distince CPU and GPU format on PC, does it work on the current android devices? If it does, will the fact that its based on Nvidea's CUDA means that it will be limited to mobile devices with Nvidia's Tegra systems? Will some sort of adjustment be able to be made to make it work with most of the current android devices?

Oh and is there another option to combining codes like openCL or others in conjunction with opencv in order to utilise the GPU part of SoC on the mobile device for image processing?

Thanks

Andrey Pavlenko

Apr 20, 2012, 12:57:18 AM4/20/12
The gpu module of OpenCV is done in CUDA that is not supported in Android now.