OpenCv+Android+OsX problem

AL

May 17, 2012, 4:25:40 AM5/17/12
Hello everybody!
I would start programming in OpenCV on Android using a mac (OSX Lion), is it possible?
I googled around but I haven't found a good point to start (tutorial etc.)
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

chrizz

May 9, 2012, 5:05:22 PM5/9/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 6:29 PM, AL <alain....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everybody!
I would start programming in OpenCV on Android using a mac (OSX Lion), is it possible?
Yes it is. All you need is Eclipse and the Android SDK. Furthermore you don't have to mess around with cygwin and so on. so it's even easier with a posix compliant os like mac osx (or linux, bsd and so on...)
I googled around but I haven't found a good point to start (tutorial etc.)
If you'd have googled for android+development+osx you would have found this page where you can download the android sdk and a few steps you have to follow (e.g. install the adt plugin for eclipse etc.)

Christian Haake

May 9, 2012, 5:02:04 PM5/9/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Jim Graham

May 9, 2012, 5:43:20 PM5/9/12
On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 02:05:22PM -0700, chrizz wrote:

> Yes it is. All you need is Eclipse and the Android SDK. Furthermore you
> don't have to mess around with cygwin and so on. so it's even easier with a
> posix compliant os like mac osx (or linux, bsd and so on...)

As far as I know, none of the dev stuff (except Java, Python and gcc) is
ported to FreeBSD. No idea about other BSD variants. If I'm wrong, I'd
rather use FreeBSD on an old 600 MHz pentium class than on my 1 GHz
windoze laptop. I think it'd run AT LEAST as "fast"[1].... :-)

Later,
--jim

[1] "fast" in the case of my windoze laptop meaning not quite as fast
as a snail on an around-the-world trip if Eclipse is running.

--
THE SCORE: ME: 2 CANCER: 0
73 DE N5IAL (/4) MiSTie #49997 < Running FreeBSD 7.0 >

"Now what *you* need is a proper pint of porter poured in a proper
pewter porter pot.." --Peter Dalgaard in alt.sysadmin.recovery

Android Apps Listing at http://www.jstrack.org/barcodes.html