Text recognition on openCV

Yau Mun

May 16, 2012, 6:22:08 AM5/16/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, I'm doing a project on recognition text from an input image. How can it be done with openCV? Does it have any tutorial?

Long Long Yu

May 16, 2012, 6:30:53 AM5/16/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Well, there is not any specific tutorial for text recognition, there is a basic pipeline which u can learn:

text region detection, text cropping (split the text region into several characters), and then apply OCR algorithm.

good luck!

--
Long Long

Yau Mun

May 16, 2012, 6:32:53 AM5/16/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi, means also need to implement OCR as well?

Long Long Yu

May 16, 2012, 6:57:46 AM5/16/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
well, u can use Tesseract library to do OCR, but this library works well for document text and not good for natural scene text. So, I think u have to train a multiclass (multi character) recognition system to do OCR. But the problem is: collecting a good database, implement a good feature extractor (i.e. HOG) and the choice of a machine learning to train and classify.

2012/5/16 Yau Mun <yaumu...@gmail.com>

--
Long Long

Shervin Emami