How to read a avi file from Android Opencv?

mw18888

Sep 25, 2011, 11:01:32 PM9/25/11
to android-opencv
I like to open an video file during the test phase.

Can we modify the

package org.opencv.highgui;

public class VideoCapture {

and add

public VideoCapture(String fileName)
{
nativeObj = n_VideoCapture(fileName);

return;
}

Thank.

Kirill Kornyakov

Sep 26, 2011, 4:04:58 AM9/26/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, but no. OpenCV doesn't support video capturing on Android. This feature will be implemented in next major release. During the test phase we split video into separate images (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3917601/ffmpeg-split-avi-into-frames-with-known-frame-rate) and read them with imread.

-Kirill

mw18888

Sep 26, 2011, 10:26:17 AM9/26/11
to android-opencv
Kirill,

Thank you for your comment.

Regards

On Sep 26, 4:04 am, Kirill Kornyakov <kirill.kornya...@itseez.com>
wrote:
> Sorry, but no. OpenCV doesn't support video capturing on Android. This
> feature will be implemented in next major release. During the test phase we
> split video into separate images (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3917601/ffmpeg-split-avi-into-fram...)

Nathan of Guardian

Sep 26, 2011, 10:34:48 AM9/26/11
to android-opencv
We have a build system for making ffmpeg binaries on Android that could be plugged into a Video->openCV workflow

https://github.com/guardianproject/android-ffmpeg

Kirill Kornyakov

Jul 13, 2012, 3:09:41 AM7/13/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

No guarantees, but we are going to try to enable Video IO support for Android 3+ in 2.4.3 release, early September. In the meantime you can use default Android Java API.

On Thursday, July 12, 2012 3:08:54 PM UTC+4, Valeriy Lyuchin wrote:
Hi Kirill, do you know when this feature will be available?

Rui Marques

Sep 9, 2012, 5:02:33 PM9/9/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nathan, i have tried to build your project but i have failed.
Make says some files are missing, for example:

Makefile:2: config.mak: No such file or directory
Makefile:47: /common.mak: No such file or directory
Makefile:88: /libavutil/Makefile: No such file or directory

Don't know what is wrong, I have followed your README instructions.
I am running ubuntu 12.04.

Any Help?

Andrey Pavlenko

Dec 14, 2012, 2:36:17 AM12/14/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
It's still not yet implemented.

brigit

Dec 14, 2012, 12:48:19 PM12/14/12
to android...@googlegroups.com

Is basic file I/O supported, e.g. to load a parameter file or classifier?

thanks,
brigit

Andrey Pavlenko

Dec 17, 2012, 7:08:58 AM12/17/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Sure,
e.g. you can load a cascade classifier with a code like this:
new CascadeClassifier(mCascadeFile.getAbsolutePath());