Cannot build opencv-2.4.0.jar: Video.java error (very latest OpenCV, AndroidSDK, JDK, Eclipse Classi

@BonozoApps

May 10, 2012, 4:03:48 PM5/10/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
I just installed the very latest JDK, Android SDK, Eclipse Classic, and OpenCV.

When I follow the steps in http://opencv.itseez.com/doc/tutorials/introduction/android_binary_package/android_binary_package.html , it appears to me (total Android and openCV n00b, btw) that "opencv-2.4.0.jar" will not build because Video.java in OpenCV-2.4.0/src/org.opencv.video will not build:

?????

Any help would truly be greatly appreciated.  I look forward to joining the Android OpenCV community and would like to follow any such developers on Twitter.
Thank you!

Rui Marques

May 10, 2012, 4:36:57 PM5/10/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
I am pretty sure that adding an android target to the Opencv eclipse project, the same way you add a target to a sample project or your own, will fix that.

Ha Le

May 11, 2012, 12:58:02 PM5/11/12
to android...@googlegroups.com

The problem is that in the latest OpenCV 2.4, they use the Android 3.0 instead of Android 2.2

Rui Marques

May 11, 2012, 1:03:10 PM5/11/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
No, as far as i know it works with Android 2.2 and above.

The samples have some errors with versions before 3 but they are easily corrected by commenting that code.

Andrey Pavlenko

May 11, 2012, 2:28:04 PM5/11/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
The samples are targeted to Android 3 (to keep compatibility with wide versions range), but minSdkVersion (in manifest) is set to 8, i.e. they can run on Android 2.2 without any modifications (and I personally checked this).