Need good hand detection cascade classifier.

Saurav Mukherjee

May 10, 2012, 10:04:50 AM5/10/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am just starting to learn OpenCV libraries. Could anyone please pass me a link/material where I can learn about Cascade Classifier files. I am working on OpenCV-2.4.0 in Android. Also, it would be helpful if someone could tell me where can I find classifiers for HAND DETECTION.

Thanks in advance.

Kirill Kornyakov

May 11, 2012, 3:27:48 AM5/11/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
  1. Please keep in mind that you'd better start your work on desktop. Cascade Classifier training is a long story, and it is not related to OpenCV4Android and this group.
  2. I'm not sure that cascade is the best method for hand detection. I would recommend you to study literature: http://scholar.google.ru/scholar?q=hand+detection. Sorry if you already did that and the Viola-Jones is the best method.
  3. Here is OpenCV user guide on cascade training: http://docs.opencv.org/doc/user_guide/ug_traincascade.html
Regards,
Kirill

Saurav

May 11, 2012, 5:28:20 AM5/11/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much Kirill. It really helped me.

I am still open to more links and information.

Regards,
Saurav Mukherjee.