Re: [OpenCV4Android] openCV support for mobiles lesser than 2.4.2 version

Andrey Kamaev

Sep 9, 2012, 12:21:46 PM9/9/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Your question interested me. Where can I download Android 2.4.2 to test my applications?

/Andrey

On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 6:31 PM, Prashant Singh <atipr...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have to implement SIFT algorithm on Android for my project. So, I am willing to use openCV library for the same. However, the problem being , openCV Manager is not compatible with version lesser than 2.4.2 . However, if, I use static initialization and include the library in my application itself. Will it work for lower versions ? How can my product reach to everyone using Android ?

Thanks !

Rui Marques

Sep 9, 2012, 6:12:13 PM9/9/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
There is no Android 2.4.2. I think Prashant is confusing OpenCV version 2.4.2 with Android versions.
Android versions jumped from 2.3.X to 3.X.

Andrey Pavlenko

Sep 10, 2012, 7:37:43 AM9/10/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
BTW, SIFT is not included into OpenCV4Android SDK v 2.4.2 since it's patented.
You need to use previous SDK versions (prior 2.4.2) to get SIFT as a part of OpenCV package.
Message has been deleted