navit on android / ndk, automake issues

ro

Mar 15, 2012, 2:23:57 AM3/15/12
to android-on-freerunner
Modern Android NDK (see android-ndk-r6/docs/CPU-ARCH-ABIS.html)
require at least armv5 processor.

hi everyone,

I don't know if anyone is using one of the later versions of navit
currently with success. On my system navit.apks broke around september
last year. Now on the navit list there is a ticket on this, where the
developers explain some of the changes that have happend last year in
their build process (changes in NDK and automake). Does anyone have
already questions at hand how the issue could be solved.

The ticket is http://trac.navit-project.org/ticket/1021

And this is one of the latest replies:

I'm unsure if we were switching NDK version used in build process in
August, 2011, but that switch may explain the failure. Nevertheless, I
found at least one posting about Navit's ability to workaround that
limitation, see http://code.google.com/p/android-on-freerunner/issues/detail?id=142
.

Also, we had switched to to the new Makefile building platform, and
last release known to work was built with autotools, and first non-
working release was built with cmake. There may be some issue in
makefiles built with cmake.

And, we may have begin to use some NDK feature that is internally
built using some CPU instructions supported by ARMv5 and higher CPUs.

I'd suggest testing roadmap like this:

check if automake build of current svn works on freerunner
check if r4696 built with autotools with current NDK works on
freerunner
check if r4696 built with cmake with current NDK works on
freerunner

Any result may help diagnosing the problem and lead to solution.

I won't be able to try above steps in near future, so please test them
if you have some spare time and effort.

I have the r4696.apk if that helps

best regards

robin

ran

Mar 15, 2012, 6:54:32 AM3/15/12
to android-on...@googlegroups.com
Hi
For info,
Current builds ( Cupcake and Froyo ) has not NDK included.
More then year ago I try to make build with NDK included ( as it was explaned in  http://code.google.com/p/android-on-freerunner/issues/detail?id=142 ) However I did not get success with application ( FBReaderj ) for which I tried make such build.
May be someone has more success?

ran

Mar 15, 2012, 6:55:57 AM3/15/12
to android-on...@googlegroups.com

четверг, 15 марта 2012 г. 10:23:57 UTC+4 пользователь ro написал:
Modern Android NDK (see android-ndk-r6/docs/CPU-ARCH-ABIS.html)

ran

Apr 8, 2012, 2:14:58 AM4/8/12
to android-on-freerunner
Hi
Find here: http://serdar-dere.net/~ran/android-on-freerunner-froyo-sd-ndk-daily-20120408.tar.gz
my attempt to add ndk to latest froyo ( follow
http://code.google.com/p/android-on-freerunner/issues/detail?id=142 )
No help me with FBReader ( I think that FRReader compiled without
cmake -DEXTRA_COMPILER_FLAGS:STRING=-march=armv4t )
Please, test the build with navit. I have not expirience with navit
and may miss samething.
Alexandre

On Mar 15, 2:55 pm, ran <r...@mail.wplus.net> wrote:
> четверг, 15 марта 2012 г. 10:23:57 UTC+4 пользователь ro написал:
>

> > Modern Android NDK (see android-ndk-r6/docs/CPU-ARCH-ABIS.html)
> > require at least armv5 processor.
>
> > hi everyone,
>
> > I don't know if anyone is using one of the later versions of navit
> > currently with success. On my system navit.apks broke around september
> > last year. Now on the navit list there is a ticket on this, where the
> > developers explain some of the changes that have happend last year in
> > their build process (changes in NDK and automake). Does anyone have
> > already questions at hand how the issue could be solved.
>
> > The ticket ishttp://trac.navit-project.org/ticket/1021

Niels Heyvaert

Apr 10, 2012, 4:52:14 PM4/10/12
to android-on-freerunner
Hi Ran,

Are you submitting these changes to the repo? I haven't seen any code
changes.

Thanks,

Niels.

On 8 apr, 02:14, ran <r...@mail.wplus.net> wrote:
> Hi
> Find here:http://serdar-dere.net/~ran/android-on-freerunner-froyo-sd-ndk-daily-...
> > > robin- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

ran

Apr 11, 2012, 4:17:28 AM4/11/12
to android-on-freerunner
Hello,
No. NDK build is too experimental!!!
Only stable http://serdar-dere.net/~ran/android-on-freerunner-froyo-daily-20120330.tar.gz
and http://serdar-dere.net/~ran/android-on-freerunner-froyo-sd-daily-20120330.tar.gz
have been builded from repo.
Alexandre.

Niels Heyvaert

Apr 11, 2012, 6:11:13 AM4/11/12
to android-on-freerunner
Hmm...

Are you only submitting your changes to the froyo-sd repo or also the
froyo repo?

I have not seen any of your previous changes on the froyo repo (unless
I'm missing something).

Could you commit to the froyo repo too?

Thanks,

Niels

On 11 apr, 10:17, ran <r...@mail.wplus.net> wrote:
> Hello,
> No. NDK build is too experimental!!!
> Only stablehttp://serdar-dere.net/~ran/android-on-freerunner-froyo-daily-2012033...
> andhttp://serdar-dere.net/~ran/android-on-freerunner-froyo-sd-daily-2012...
> > > - Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

ran

Apr 11, 2012, 7:16:46 AM4/11/12
to android-on-freerunner
Hi.
Both, froyo and froyo-sd repos is in same stage. I produce
http://serdar-dere.net/~ran/android-on-freerunner-froyo-daily-2012033...
and http://serdar-dere.net/~ran/android-on-freerunner-froyo-sd-daily-2012...
from scratch for both repos.
I think you misunderstending that in kernel_openmoko we have froyo-sd
and android-gta02-2.6.32 ( not froyo ) branchs. I do not know a
reason, but it is.
It is "screenshot" from Gitorious:
Thursday March 29 2012
Alexandre Roumiantsev pushed 1 commit to android-on-freerunner/
kernel_openmoko:android-gta02-2.6.32. View diff
android-gta02-2.6.32 changed from f7222ee to fdfeae3

Alexandre Roumiantsev pushed 1 commit to android-on-freerunner/
kernel_openmoko:froyo-sd. View diff
froyo-sd changed from 108fa0d to a299954

Alexandre Roumiantsev pushed 1 commit to android-on-freerunner/
kernel_openmoko:froyo-sd. View diff
froyo-sd changed from 8815d00 to 108fa0d

Alexandre Roumiantsev pushed 1 commit to android-on-freerunner/
kernel_openmoko:android-gta02-2.6.32. View diff
android-gta02-2.6.32 changed from 6bbaea1 to f7222ee

Alexandre Roumiantsev pushed 1 commit to android-on-freerunner/
platform_hardware_alsa_sound:froyo. View diff
froyo changed from 25f9a6e to 6b71adf

Do you have some issue about?
Alexandre

Niels Heyvaert

Apr 17, 2012, 7:25:08 AM4/17/12
to android-on-freerunner
Hi Alexandre,

I can see the changes on Gitorious. But I'm not sure the changes are
ending up in my local froyo repo.

My local repo is based on

repo init -u git://gitorious.org/android-on-freerunner/freerunner_platform_manifest.git
-b froyo

So I'm not taking the froyo-sd one.

Are your patches ending up in both repos?

Thanks,

Niels

On Apr 11, 1:16 pm, ran <r...@mail.wplus.net> wrote:
> Hi.
> Both, froyo and froyo-sd repos is in same stage. I producehttp://serdar-dere.net/~ran/android-on-freerunner-froyo-daily-2012033...
> andhttp://serdar-dere.net/~ran/android-on-freerunner-froyo-sd-daily-2012...

ran

Apr 17, 2012, 12:55:12 PM4/17/12
to android-on-freerunner
Hello

I hope - yes, patches ending up in both repos. I have produced
starting from
and repo init -u git://gitorious.org/android-on-freerunner/freerunner_platform_manifest.git
-b froyo-sd
For me both ( SD and NAND ) builds is same.

Alexandre

Andrea D

Oct 21, 2013, 10:17:48 PM10/21/13
to android-on...@googlegroups.com
thank you

Andrea D

Oct 21, 2013, 10:21:18 PM10/21/13
to android-on...@googlegroups.com
hi ran, where can I find http://serdar-dere.net/~ran/android-on-freerunner-froyo-daily-20120330.tar.gz or later? the link not work
thank you

matteo sanvito

Oct 22, 2013, 2:06:45 AM10/22/13
to android-on...@googlegroups.com

Hi andrea!
I on't think that there is any link to download android on freerunner, because, as far as I know, the project is dead. If you want, this evening i'll look for it on my computer, but i can't promise anything, maybe i have an old version or i haven't anything.

Have a good day!
Matteo

--

---

dmatthews.org

Oct 22, 2013, 3:38:43 AM10/22/13
to android-on...@googlegroups.com
hi

> > hi ran, where can I find *
> > http://serdar-dere.net/~ran/android-on-freerunner-froyo-daily-20120330.tar.gz
> > *<http://serdar-dere.net/~ran/android-on-freerunner-froyo-daily-20120330.tar.gz> or
> > later? the link not work

looks like all Ran's stuff is here:-

https://code.google.com/p/android-on-freerunner/downloads/list

I'd recommend the cupcake SDcard version, which works well, although it's heavy on battery life. The general opinion on the froyo version was that it was too slow.

--
David Matthews
ma...@dmatthews.org

urodelomutante

Oct 22, 2013, 3:39:46 AM10/22/13
to android-on...@googlegroups.com

Hi all. In case of need I still have the latest aof - froyo from ran's repository. However I'm currently away and I‘ll eventually able to share them only after the first week oof November
regards
urodelo

>Hi andrea!
>I on't think that there is any link to download android on freerunner,
>because, as far as I know, the project is dead. If you want, this evening
>i'll look for it on my computer, but i can't promise anything, maybe i have
>an old version or i haven't anything.
>
>Have a good day!
>Matteo
>Il 22/ott/2013 04:35 "Andrea D" <andrea...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
>> where can I download *http://serdar-dere.net/~ran/
>> android-on-freerunner-froyo-daily-20120330.tar.gz*<http://serdar-dere.net/~ran/android-on-freerunner-froyo-daily-20120330.tar.gz> or
>> later? the link not work
>> thank you
>>
>> Il giorno mercoledì 11 aprile 2012 10:17:28 UTC+2, ran ha scritto:
>>
>> Hello,
>> No. NDK build is too experimental!!!
>> Only stable http://serdar-dere.net/~ran/**android-on-freerunner-froyo-**
>> daily-20120330.tar.gz<http://serdar-dere.net/~ran/android-on-freerunner-froyo-daily-20120330.tar.gz>
>> and http://serdar-dere.net/~ran/**android-on-freerunner-froyo-**
>> sd-daily-20120330.tar.gz<http://serdar-dere.net/~ran/android-on-freerunner-froyo-sd-daily-20120330.tar.gz>
>> have been builded from repo.
>> Alexandre.
>>
>> On Apr 11, 12:52 am, Niels Heyvaert <niels.heyva...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi Ran,
>> >
>> > Are you submitting these changes to the repo? I haven't seen any code
>> > changes.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Niels.

>> froyo-sd-ndk-daily-.<http://serdar-dere.net/~ran/android-on-freerunner-froyo-sd-ndk-daily-.>..

>> **p/android-on-freerunner/**issues/detail?id=142<http://code.google.com/p/android-on-freerunner/issues/detail?id=142>)

>> navit
>> september
>> the
>> year in
>> have

>> in
>> Nevertheless, I
>> that
>> detail?id=142<http://code.google.com/p/android-on-freerunner/issues/detail?id=142>

Andrea D

Oct 22, 2013, 5:08:57 AM10/22/13
to android-on...@googlegroups.com
thank you :D

have a good day :)

matteo sanvito

Oct 22, 2013, 1:53:59 PM10/22/13
to android-on...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I tried to find it in my old backups but i didn't find anything with froyo, only two cupcakes (or better: a cupcakes and a RC1, but as far as I remember this should be cupcake too) and an eclair versione that I named "sanvy-eclair" time ago, so i cannot say if it was official or an experiment. Anyway, I uploaded it on dropbox (it's about 70mb), if you have any trouble downloading it just let me know ;)

have a good evening!

Matteo

2013/10/22 Andrea D <andrea...@gmail.com>

Andrea D