Patches suggestion for froyo

ran

Mar 18, 2012, 6:45:58 AM3/18/12
to android-on-freerunner
Hello
Here http://serdar-dere.net/~ran/ is some patches suggestion for
froyo.
I hope that I solve a problem with initial ring/gap_in_sound at
beginning of incoming call.
I delete some unnesserty changes, which i have done before to avoid
it.
As ordinary, new builds you can find here: http://serdar-dere.net/~ran/
The repo diff file: http://serdar-dere.net/~ran/20120318.diff
Waiting your feedback

Alexandre

urodelomutante

Mar 19, 2012, 6:12:25 AM3/19/12
to android-on...@googlegroups.com
tnx, i'm testing it

urodelo

ran

Mar 30, 2012, 11:59:51 AM3/30/12
to android-on-freerunner
Hello
In http://serdar-dere.net/~ran/ is new builds from synchronized repo.
Builds is really same as previous
Waiting your feedback

Alexandre

urodelomutante

Apr 1, 2012, 10:00:23 AM4/1/12
to android-on...@googlegroups.com
Hi.
I've tested the incoming call some times and it seems working. Didn't test with sms notification.

However I'm experimenting serious troubles with many applications. Since I've installed this build (sd card version), many of the apps which usually work are crashing at start (just once clicked on icon): I get the error saying the process of the app has been terminated. This happens with several apps, like, just for example, dropbox, astrid, dolphin browser... obviously their version is the right one, before I've always used them. On the other side, system apps seem to be working (system browser, messages, contacts...) and I'm not getting that annoying error message about android.media process being terminated shortly after unlocking the screen anymore.

I haven't been able to get a log yet because of my pc's usb problem, and teh log of the app Android Systeminfo is not working anymore, tehn I can't upload the log to myself through wifi. I don't know if I can fix my pc during the next days, actually I have few time.

regards,
urodelo

ran

Apr 1, 2012, 12:01:02 PM4/1/12
to android-on-freerunner
Hello,

Thank for feedback.
About your issue - Please, check FAT file system at first. I have
simile issue some time ago and found that my FAT file system was
crashed.
Please, inform me about result. I am looking now to this FAT crash
issue. I thinked that it produced my "binder",s expiriments, but may
be it is something other.

Alexandre

On Apr 1, 6:00 pm, urodelomutante <urodelomuta...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi.
> I've tested the incoming call some times and it seems working. Didn't test with sms notification.
>
> However I'm experimenting serious troubles with many applications. Since I've installed this build (sd card version), many of the apps which usually work are crashing at start (just once clicked on icon): I get the error saying the process of the app has been terminated. This happens with several apps, like, just for example, dropbox, astrid, dolphin browser... obviously their version is the right one, before I've always used them. On the other side, system apps seem to be working (system browser, messages, contacts...) and I'm not getting that annoying error message about android.media process being terminated shortly after unlocking the screen anymore.
>
> I haven't been able to get a log yet because of my pc's usb problem, and teh log of the app Android Systeminfo is not working anymore, tehn I can't upload the log to myself through wifi. I don't know if I can fix my pc during the next days, actually I have few time.
>
> regards,
> urodelo

urodelomutante

Apr 2, 2012, 3:19:39 PM4/2/12
to android-on...@googlegroups.com
Hi.
Thanks for the answer.
I've run fsck on fat partition, and it is showing that the free cluster summary is wrong:

fsck.vfat /dev/sdc1
dosfsck 3.0.9, 31 Jan 2010, FAT32, LFN
Reclaimed 3347 unused clusters (1713664 bytes).
Free cluster summary wrong (194343 vs. really 197690)
1) Correct
2) Don't correct
? 1
Leaving file system unchanged.
/dev/sdc1: 206 files, 116850/314540 clusters

After this i've run fsck on android partition too, and it has showed several errors. Once corrected them,android doesn't boot anymore :-D

Therefore I'll need to reinstall it. This time I'll use your latest build.
I'll keep testing it
Thanks
urodelo

urodelomutante

May 18, 2012, 6:07:01 AM5/18/12
to android-on...@googlegroups.com
Hello.
After some weeks of testing with last froyo build on nand, the first incoming call seem to work for me, I can hear the ringtone and the voice. Generally speaking, I've also experimetned less freeze on the freerunner, therefore I'm quite satisfied.

Sometimes while I'm using navit, I don't get sms, but I think this is because navit needs many resources and any other thing is therefore put on queue.
Another issue I have (apart from the well known 185), is that when I connect the power supply to the phone, while it is in sleeping state and the battery is almost at the end, it doesn't answer anymore. I either can't use aux/power button. I don't know if we had this issue in the previous builds however.

Thank you for your work
urodelo

Jun 1, 2012, 8:58:44 AM6/1/12
to android-on...@googlegroups.com