3 questions

urodelomutante

Jun 28, 2012, 2:04:29 AM6/28/12
to android-on...@googlegroups.com
Hello list.

I have got two questions:

-does aof perform fsck on its own partition while booting?

-which version of cyanomod is aof based on?

-I have a new application which is reported to run on froyo; it seems to be correctly installed, I can start it, but it crashes ( after few seconds. Test was performed on aof last and secondlast build. The system log doesn't show anything except that the pid of the process has died. Is there a way to debug this? Mind that I'm not a developer...

tnx
urodelo

Niels

Jun 28, 2012, 6:15:24 PM6/28/12
to android-on...@googlegroups.com
Hi urodelo,

- I could not find any trace of Froyo doing a fsck during boot. Is there a reason you think it does this?
- Froyo was not based on the cyanogenmod ports. It's based on the Google AOSP code.
- Do you find any trace in the logcat that could indicate a reason for the crash?

Niels

urodelomutante

Jun 29, 2012, 4:46:37 AM6/29/12
to android-on...@googlegroups.com
Hi
Thanks for your answers

-I don't think too android is performing an fsck; I was investigating the reason of the frequent data corruption which occurs on my sd card. If aof freezes frequently, then more file system corruption occurs, and if there's no auto-repair function with fsck, this can bring to a data loss

-Ah ok, I didn't know

-I can directly read the log on the phone, and as I've said, I can only see that the process pid died unexpectedly.... there are other java debugging info but nothing reported as error regarding that app, for what I understand. The app uses gps satellite (it's a navigator) and I'm trying to understand where is the problem of the crash. I can guess it is a memory problem because the application must be quite heavy in terms of resources, but I can't be sure... isn't there a way to get more informations about the crash? Logcat is already on debugging level...

thank you
urodelo

ran

Jul 6, 2012, 8:07:20 AM7/6/12
to android-on...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I would like to add to Niels answer:
-- Froyo was not based on the cyanogenmod ports. It's based on the Google AOSP code.
that main problem of aof porting is that both ( Google AOSP, cyanogenmod ) limited to use ARMv5 or high, but FreeRunner work on some version of ARMv4. So we have to adapt main streem to CPU with low facility.
May be it is a reason of application problem you discribed.

Alexandre.

ran

Jul 6, 2012, 8:08:01 AM7/6/12