Creating virtual audio device.

OcterA

May 30, 2012, 5:51:19 AM5/30/12
to android-ndk
Hi,
I want to get audio from system or application to stream this audio to
a server.
I think the best choice is to create an virtual audio output device to
handle this data.
It's is possible? If no, can you help me with a workaround?

Thanks in advance.

Chris Stratton

Jun 3, 2012, 8:48:42 PM6/3/12
to android-ndk
For content security and separation-of-apps-from-each-other reasons,
you are only likely to be able to do this by recording from the
microphone or making a custom android build. The later would belong
on the android-porting group, while the former is unlikely to be
satisfactory.

Nu Era

Jun 19, 2013, 10:32:33 PM6/19/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com, mroc...@gmail.com
Android is Linux.

Security is always a concern.

I am going to attempt something like this. I will likely create (or reuse) a Linux audio driver allowing the output to be routed however needed. My idea is to syncronize and aggregate devices as a multichannel (or mirroring) virtual interface.

As a musician I would have use for it, also it could be used as a virtual splitter (eg. me & wife on train watching video on her phone, her headphones plugged into hers, mine into mine, sync'd via bt or wifi)

I don't know if I will succeed. Likely root will be required. If you're interested, get in touch.

Gerhard van Zyl

Jun 14, 2016, 3:00:10 PM6/14/16
to android-ndk, mroc...@gmail.com
Hi,
I would like to know if u succeeded in making the virtual audio driver. I have a project I'm working on and I need a virtual audio driver for android.

If you want to know more mail me.

mike digioia

Jun 14, 2016, 10:48:48 PM6/14/16
to andro...@googlegroups.com