Re: Bug report for android-ndk-r8b. Error in GCC compilator when compile libpng.

David Turner

Sep 11, 2012, 6:57:26 AM9/11/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Please upload a repro test to a new issue at b.android.com

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 6:32 PM, mmortall <sergey...@gmail.com> wrote:
I use android-ndk-r8b on Window 7 64x with CygWin.
When I compile my project that use libpng I found out this bug.
Looks like this bug related to NDK c/c++ compilator.

Log:
"Compile thumb : png <= pngrtran.c
jni/libpng/pngrtran.c: In function 'png_do_expand':
jni/libpng/pngrtran.c:3790:1: internal compiler error: in reload, at reload1.c:1061
Please submit a full bug report,
See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
make: *** [obj/local/armeabi/objs-debug/png/pngrtran.o] Error 1

Code which make this error:
 if (*(sp - 5) == red_high &&
      *(sp - 4) == red_low &&
      *(sp - 3) == green_high &&  //this line make error
      *(sp - 2) == green_low &&   //this line make error
      *(sp - 1) == blue_high &&
      *(sp    ) == blue_low)
   {
      *dp-- = 0;
      *dp-- = 0;
   }
So if comment lines below bug will not occures (line with comments //this line make error).
Actualy the bug will be if you simple write somewhere sp = sp - 3 or sp = sp - 2

There is no this bug on early versions of NDK (I check on cristalx-7 and 5) and on other compilators.

Theme on stack-overflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11980870/error-on-building-android-ndk-assets/12234953

Thanks.