how can I compile and debug a 32bit shared object on an arm64-v8a platform?

James Manning

Nov 17, 2014, 3:10:09 PM11/17/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I have a bunch of datastuctures with embedded 32bit pointers, and I'm looking to compile my c/c++ library as a 32bit binary for arm64-v8a.
I'm doing this so I don't have to worry about patching datastructures after they've been loaded in from a binary file.

I seem to be able to NDK r10 compile .o files using APP_ABI:=arm64-v8a and clflag: -mabi=ilp32
however the linker just crashes after I add -mabi=ilp32 to the linker command line.

Is this solution feasible? and can I debug like this on say a nexus9? also if it is feasible what linker options am I missing to get this to work?

- Regards James M

David Turner

Nov 18, 2014, 8:45:59 AM11/18/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
As far as I know, ilp32 is not supported on 64-bit Android platforms.

James Manning

Nov 19, 2014, 7:11:02 PM11/19/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
thanks, I found a way to native debug a armeabi shared object on my nexus 9 so I don't need the ilp32 anymore.

Vidit s

Nov 24, 2014, 8:05:24 AM11/24/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
You can use 32built lib as it is on 64 bit device.

Regards
Vidit

Robert Barrows

Mar 23, 2015, 4:33:54 PM3/23/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Could you share a link with how you were able to achieve this?