I'm developing an app that installs an esim profile An error prevents implementation

八木橋直実

Apr 28, 2023, 11:30:11 AM4/28/23
to android-ndk
・We are developing a native app that runs on Android to sell eSIM as an agent for each communication carrier.
・Implement a function to install eSIM profile information in this application
・With this function, customers want to realize a seamless user experience and make it easy to use eSIM.
・Implementation of this function is assumed to be realized by euiccManager.downloadSubscription ・The following error is returned at the time of writing
"Calling package doesn't have carrier privilege to this profile"
・The account under development has been registered as a Google developer.
・I am using a certificate that I created myself.
I would like to know how to solve

I'm developing an app that installs an esim profile
An error prevents implementation

enh

Apr 28, 2023, 11:40:42 AM4/28/23
to andro...@googlegroups.com
yeah, i think you'll need to be signed with the OS key to be able to do anything like that. the OEM/carrier you're selling the app to should be able to do that for their phone(s).

八木橋直実

Apr 28, 2023, 1:20:18 PM4/28/23
to android-ndk
Thank you for answering.

I would like to ask you an additional question.

Could "phone" be the device that runs the app?
Is it a unique number like esim's uuid, phone number, etc.?

2023年4月29日土曜日 0:40:42 UTC+9 enh:

enh

八木橋直実

May 1, 2023, 10:29:17 AM5/1/23
to android-ndk

thank you.
It's a big help.

> Carrier signs her APK for carrier app.
I don't know this carrier.
Does this mean that we need to get a major carrier that has a network to sign it?
Is it possible to sign with any carrier that offers esim?
The carrier that provides esim says that there is no authorization application for andorid
  I'm having trouble figuring out where to get my APK signed.

Are you aware of having a "carrier", such as the carrier that provides the esim, sign it?

2023年4月29日土曜日 2:22:29 UTC+9 enh:

enh

May 1, 2023, 10:40:15 AM5/1/23
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 7:29 AM 八木橋直実 <naozane...@gmail.com> wrote:

thank you.
It's a big help.

> Carrier signs her APK for carrier app.
I don't know this carrier.
Does this mean that we need to get a major carrier that has a network to sign it?

i think that for any phone you want your app to work for, the app needs to be signed _by the manufacturer_.

Is it possible to sign with any carrier that offers esim?

no. i think you'd need an actual business agreement with them. basically, "if _they_ want to use your app, they'll sign it".

this is why it's documented on source.android.com for _phone_ manufacturers, not developer.android.com for _app_ manufacturers.

八木橋直実

May 1, 2023, 10:44:50 PM5/1/23
to android-ndk
thank you.

>no. i think you'd need an actual business agreement with them.
I have a contract with the esim provider, so I will check it.

>this is why it's documented on source.android.com for _phone_ manufacturers
When you say "_phone_ manufacturers", do you mean device manufacturers like Samsung, NOKIA, etc.?

2023年5月1日月曜日 23:40:15 UTC+9 enh:

enh

May 2, 2023, 10:43:40 AM5/2/23
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 7:44 PM 八木橋直実 <naozane...@gmail.com> wrote:
thank you.

>no. i think you'd need an actual business agreement with them.
I have a contract with the esim provider, so I will check it.

>this is why it's documented on source.android.com for _phone_ manufacturers
When you say "_phone_ manufacturers", do you mean device manufacturers like Samsung, NOKIA, etc.?

yes. whoever signs the system image will need to sign the app.