Bug in r3 SIGSEGV in JNI-calls?

Stefan Krecher

Mar 14, 2010, 6:00:20 PM3/14/10
to android-ndk
Hi,
I encountered SIGSEGVs in various JNI-calls (i'm building/ testing
http://code.google.com/p/squeak-android-vm/ on the emulator)
With the NDK r1 everything works fine.
Could this be a bug?
My setup: WinXP on AMD Athlon
regards,
Stefan

David Turner

Mar 14, 2010, 6:22:51 PM3/14/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
yes, it could be a bug, veyr probably in your code. Do you have more details about this, like a simple way to reproduce it easily ?

Stefan Krecher

Mar 15, 2010, 5:34:18 AM3/15/10
to android-ndk
not sure, where the error occurs exactly, doesn't seem to be
deterministic.
All I can say is that the error happens allways with r3 - and never
with r1.

It should be quite easy to reproduce: just check-out the project:
svn checkout http://squeak-android-vm.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ squeak-
android-vm-read-only
Build it with r1 or r3 and start the apk with the sdk (emulator,
target android 1.5).

Will do some further research next weekend.

On 14 Mrz., 23:22, David Turner <di...@android.com> wrote:
> yes, it could be a bug, veyr probably in your code. Do you have more details
> about this, like a simple way to reproduce it easily ?
>
> On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 3:00 PM, Stefan Krecher <
>

> stefan.krec...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I encountered SIGSEGVs in various JNI-calls (i'm building/ testing

> >http://code.google.com/p/squeak-android-vm/on the emulator)

> > With the NDK r1 everything works fine.
> > Could this be a bug?
> > My setup: WinXP on AMD Athlon
> > regards,
> > Stefan
>
> > --

> > android-ndk...@googlegroups.com<android-ndk%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

fadden

Mar 15, 2010, 3:38:48 PM3/15/10
to android-ndk
On Mar 15, 2:34 am, Stefan Krecher <stefan.krec...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> not sure, where the error occurs exactly, doesn't seem to be
> deterministic.
> All I can say is that the error happens allways with r3 - and never
> with r1.

Check the output of "adb logcat". You should see some crash
information from debuggerd.