Upgraded android studio, now gradle doesn't work (can't find jvm.cfg)

Phil Dougherty

Aug 26, 2021, 4:04:48 PM8/26/21
to android-ndk
I have a very simple gradle file for building to oculus quest. I upgraded Android Studio to Arctic Fox, and now whenever I try running `gradle` I get:

Error: could not open `C:\Program Files\Android\Android Studio\jre\jre\lib\amd64\jvm.cfg'

I've been told failure to find that = corrupted java install, so I reinstalled java.
No difference.
Been told to delete java.exe, javaw.exe, and javaws.exe from C:\Windows\System32.
Those files aren't present in System32.
Been told to check my environment variables.
Nothing even seems to reference java except for my ANDROID_HOME, ANDROID_NDK_HOME, ANDROID_SDK_ROOT, which I all have pointing correctly to their install folders.

What do I do to fix this? Or at the very least, where is gradle even getting this path from?

Phil Dougherty

Aug 26, 2021, 4:23:49 PM8/26/21
to android-ndk
gah ok. rebooted computer and now it inexplicably works...