Question about system stl

seal2002

Apr 17, 2024, 11:21:44 PMApr 17
to android-ndk
Hello google ndk experts,

I am curious about the status of system STL status, as you mention in the document
Note: The system STL will likely be removed in a future NDK release.

https://android.googlesource.com/platform/ndk/+/master/docs/BuildSystemMaintainers.md#system-stl

Thank you
Hai

seal2002

Apr 17, 2024, 11:29:24 PMApr 17
to android-ndk
Please waive the previous comment
I found Dan Albert has removed it in ndk.
26 https://github.com/android/ndk/issues/744
So only the document is outdated.

enh

Apr 18, 2024, 11:08:20 AMApr 18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
no, it's still there in r26c at least... the bug seems to say there's
some AGP work needed before it can be removed from the NDK.

Dan Albert

Apr 18, 2024, 3:27:12 PMApr 18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
There hasn't been a whole lot of push to remove it. It requires reworking parts of AGP, waiting a few years, and then making the NDK change. The AGP side is difficult work for us because it's unfamiliar, and there isn't really anyone available to work on that problem anyway. The FR's still open because it remains a good idea, but as you can see it's not triaged to any release because we're not working on it.

seal2002

Apr 18, 2024, 9:44:03 PMApr 18
to android-ndk
Thank you. I missed Dan's mention of AGP as it is collapsed (42 messages group).