NDK r26 beta 1 released

Dan Albert

Jul 11, 2023, 7:57:53 PM7/11/23
to android-nd...@googlegroups.com
NDK r26 beta 1 is now available in the beta channel of the SDK manager (use ndkVersion "26.0.10404224-beta1" in your build.gradle file) and for download from our website.

NDK r26 will be an LTS release.

The main highlight is that this release includes an updated LLVM and libc++. We're reworked things so our libc++ comes from the rest of our LLVM distribution, so all future LLVM updates will also include libc++ updates.

r26 will be the first release that does not support KitKat (API levels 19 and 20).

See the changelog for changes and announcements.