SuperCollider for Android

Dan Stowell

Sep 16, 2010, 5:21:00 AM9/16/10
to android-musi...@googlegroups.com
Hi -

I'm happy to announce that after some funded development time for me
and Alex, SuperCollider-Android is now available as an audio
analysis/synthesis engine for Android.

http://wiki.github.com/glastonbridge/SuperCollider-Android/

We've put up some info about using it in Android apps, about
controlling it remotely from a laptop, etc. It would be lovely to see
you doing some cool things with it.

We've done some things with it ourselves actually. We made "ScanVox",
a loop-layering app using some of my PhD research technology to create
synth sounds by analysing voice input:
http://github.com/glastonbridge/ScanVox
(a little bit of dev still going on with that one)

And much more hackily, at Music Hack Day I started (and have now
finished) making an Android app that tries to teach you how to play a
little melody and then plays your own sounds back at you:
http://github.com/danstowell/BumbleTab

Improvements still to come of course, but having come to the end of
our funded month of coding it's a good time to announce that it's
available and usable, and there's even some documentation and code
examples ;)

Best
Dan
--
http://www.mcld.co.uk

hypo

Sep 16, 2010, 9:05:47 AM9/16/10
to Android Music Developers
This is really exciting.

I've been putting off some android audio dev for a while () but now I
can get on with the project.

thanks!

Julian