Crash

P. R.

Jul 6, 2020, 5:32:19 PM7/6/20
to android-midi
Hello.
 For my synth app i've implemented MIDI mostly by following the midi suite examples.
It works fine so far, however I repeatedly see the following crash in the developer console:

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:
  at android.media.midi.MidiPortImpl.getPacketTimestamp (MidiPortImpl.java:129)
  at android.media.midi.MidiOutputPort$1.run (MidiOutputPort.java:71)

Any suggestions?

Thank you
Patrick

Phil Burk

Jul 17, 2020, 8:15:54 PM7/17/20
to android-midi
Hello Patrick,
I have seen this message reported but have not been able to reproduce it.
Are you sending an empty packet?
Are you connecting to an external USB or BLE MIDI device?
How often does this happen?
Anything you can tell me about the circumstances would be helpful.
Thanks,
Phil Burk

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted