Android inter-app audio with Audioroute

Flavio Antonioli

May 24, 2019, 7:55:54 PM5/24/19
to android-midi

Hi all,

sorry if this is slightly off-topic, however many Android audio developers post to this group so I thought it might be relevant. I’ve also posted this to the Android-NDK group.

We're pleased to announce that we have open-sourced the Audioroute project.

Audioroute is a free open source SDK that allows apps to exchange audio and MIDI on Android.

In short it allows to use synth and effects apps as plugins.

The Audioroute SDK Github page now includes the full source code for the SDK library and for the sample AudiorouteHost app, which allows hosting Audioroute compatible synth and effects apps, including the SimpleSynth and DelayEffect sample apps.

If you're a developer of an audio or music app, jump in and add Audioroute to your app, users will be able to find and use your app from Audioroute compatible hosts.

We’ve posted a Tutorial video on how to add Audioroute to your app, the video is real-time and it’s 30 minutes long: that’s how long it will take to add Audioroute to your app:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HdQn62YB-s&t=4s

We believe that Audioroute could help improve the possibilities of users of audio and music apps on Android by allowing them to use multiple apps together.

This would likely result in an overall growth of the audio-music market on Android.

Let's get our apps connected!

Any comment would be welcome.

Cheers, Flavio.