Identifying the end of a live event

ezmora

Mar 24, 2011, 3:49:47 PM3/24/11
to Android Media Developers
Hi
StageFright supports HTTP live streaming.
I was wondering if the OnCompletionListener will be invoked when the
event ends.
How will StageFright determine the "end of event".
It is straight forward when dealing with regular http streaming, but
when viewing live content what indication does StageFright have that
the event really ended?

Thanks,
Eyal

Shawn Van Every

Mar 24, 2011, 5:37:12 PM3/24/11
to android-medi...@googlegroups.com
I am not sure HTTP live streaming is in all versions of StageFright as it is only stated to be supported in Honeycomb (Gingerbread is also running StageFright but doesn't appear to support HTTP live streaming).

In anycase, I am not sure how it supports "end of event" behind the scenes but it does appear to call the onCompletion method in whatever class implements OnCompletionListener and is registered via setOnCompletionListener.

Hope that helps,
shawn

Shawn Van Every
vane...@walking-productions.com
Mobile and Streaming Consulting
http://www.walking-productions.com/notslop
Author: Pro Android Media: http://amzn.to/eYb48C

eyal zmora

Mar 26, 2011, 3:14:18 PM3/26/11
to android-medi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info.
BTW, I can watch HTTP live streaming with my Nexus-S running Gingerbread.
I am just wondering, if StageFright receives MPEG2-TS packets as input and renders them, how will it know when the last packet arrives? how will it know when to invoke the onCompletionListener?

Thanks,
Eyal