Re: Enquiry on android streaming media player over a network

Shawn Van Every

Feb 6, 2013, 12:32:49 PM2/6/13
to ULStudent:CHIBUZOR.OKOYE, android-medi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chibuzor,

I like the project idea very much. I imagine the best way to go about this is to try to display the video on something in the OpenGL realm.

I would start out just trying to play two local video files simultaneously and from there.

Here are some references that might provide a starting point:
https://developer.android.com/reference/android/graphics/SurfaceTexture.html
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6414003/using-surfacetexture-in-android

Best,
shawn