Media streaming - Google does not follow HTTP spec in earlier versions

ezmora

Mar 30, 2011, 6:24:28 AM3/30/11
to Android Media Developers
Google made a change in the way the Android OS handles media streaming
in version 2.3.3. In past versions, the HTML “Transfer-Encoding:
Chunked” header was accepted but chunked transfer coding was not
actually implemented. That allowed me to get around not having an
explicit content length for streaming media. This did not comply
with the HTTP spec.
In 2.3.3, Android is handling the chunked coding properly.

Did anyone else encounter this porblem?
I don't see any other way to solve this problem but to branch my code
according to the Android version. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Eyal

Stephen Williams

Mar 30, 2011, 6:28:47 AM3/30/11
to android-medi...@googlegroups.com
I believe that I added a header or set a flag to force HTTP version to 1.0 to prevent a similar problem.  You could do that based on Android version.

sdw
Stephen D. Williams s...@lig.net scie...@gmail.com LinkedIn: http://sdw.st/in
AIM:sdw Skype:StephenDWilliams Resume: http://sdw.st/gres
Personal: sdw.st facebook.com/sdwlig twitter.com/scienteer