Great session at AnDevCon

mark w

Mar 29, 2011, 3:23:03 PM3/29/11
to Android Media Developers
Shawn, thanks for the great session at AnDevCon. I was just able to
publish my first app, a streaming media app. BeijingGig--- kind of a
you tube app for China content I have been producing. Appreciate if
anyone likes to test it out on 2.2. Next steps could be to use some
of the techniques for vid capture and perhaps add user generated
content capture and upload. Any plans to do some additional classes
at the fall AndevCon?
Mark Wickham

Shawn Van Every

Mar 29, 2011, 11:58:00 PM3/29/11
to android-medi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

The app is cool and well done! I tried it out on a Xoom and a Nexus 1 and it worked great. I don't have a 2.2 device but it seems work well on 2.3 as well as 3.0.

I might think about whether or not the fast-forward and rewind buttons are needed on the player. It seems with the scrub bar that they might not be all that useful.

Hope that helps,
shawn

Shawn Van Every
vane...@walking-productions.com
Mobile and Streaming Consulting
http://www.walking-productions.com/notslop
Author: Pro Android Media: http://amzn.to/eYb48C

mark w

Mar 31, 2011, 11:02:17 PM3/31/11
to Android Media Developers
Hey Shawn, appreciate your feedback, especially that you were able to
try this app on 2.3 and 3.0- must have been a lot of open space on the
Xoom screen.

I am getting some of those pesky "media cannot be played" errors under
weak data connection conditions. I need to learn more about how the
media player class buffers and retries.

I'll do a post soon on how to render out compliant .mp4 and .3gp video
files- that seems to be one of the trickier things. I need to look
into the flash options for 2.3+ devices.

Mark