Build android source code failed

Yuchen Wei

Jan 17, 2024, 11:19:54 AMJan 17
to android-llvm
I'm building android source code and always got error as blow:

Internal error. Please report to androi...@google.com.
compiler_wrapper.go:178: failed to execute &main.command{Path:"prebuilts/clang/host/linux-x86/clang-r416183b1/bin/clang.real",

Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

Stephen Hines

Jan 17, 2024, 1:45:33 PMJan 17
to Yuchen Wei, android-llvm
Hi,

Your question is more of a question about building Android than specifically about Clang/LLVM, but we can try to help a bit. That seems like a very old version of Clang running as part of your build. Are you using updated sources (https://source.android.com/docs/setup/download/downloading)? If you have indeed recently run `repo sync`, perhaps you want to try `repo status` to see if you have any local changes to the source code that might be holding back other updates.

If this really comes down to trying to build older versions of Android, you also can look at https://source.android.com/docs/setup/community#open-source-project-discussions and more specifically the android-building group (https://groups.google.com/g/android-building) for help with that.

Thanks,
Steve