Getting Android ISO images for AOSP build

Harinath Maddela

Jun 4, 2018, 2:17:13 PM6/4/18
to Android Linux Kernel Development
Hi,

I'm trying to work on porting android to x86 platform and make a android bootable USB stick. I downloaded the code from AOSP. I build the code for x86 and has got the images initrd.img, system.sfs, ramdisk.img and also build the kernel(vmlinux). I made the USB stick as bootable and installed grub into the mounted USB stick by using command.

$ sudo grub-install --root-directory=/mnt/name /dev/sdX

And also copied the kernel, initrd.img, ramdisk.img and system.sfs into USB stick. When i try to boot from the USB stick, the device gets struck at Grub and kernel does not get loaded. Not sure what could be the issue. Is there anything that is missing?

And also is there a way to get the ISO from the AOSP build to make the usb stick bootable. Looks like on building AOSP code we get only kernel, initrd.img, ramdisk.img and system.sfs. Can anyone guide me in this regard

Thanks,
Harinath

Amit Pundir

Jun 11, 2018, 3:29:25 AM6/11/18
to android...@googlegroups.com

Try http://www.android-x86.org/

> I downloaded the code from AOSP. I build the code for
> x86 and has got the images initrd.img, system.sfs, ramdisk.img and also
> build the kernel(vmlinux). I made the USB stick as bootable and installed
> grub into the mounted USB stick by using command.
>
> $ sudo grub-install --root-directory=/mnt/name /dev/sdX
>
> And also copied the kernel, initrd.img, ramdisk.img and system.sfs into USB
> stick. When i try to boot from the USB stick, the device gets struck at Grub
> and kernel does not get loaded. Not sure what could be the issue. Is there
> anything that is missing?
>
> And also is there a way to get the ISO from the AOSP build to make the usb
> stick bootable. Looks like on building AOSP code we get only kernel,
> initrd.img, ramdisk.img and system.sfs. Can anyone guide me in this regard
>
> Thanks,
> Harinath
>
> --

Harinath Maddela

Jun 14, 2018, 4:27:11 AM6/14/18
to Android Linux Kernel Development
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. However, i have seen that Android x86 generates iso image and i wanted the code directly from Is there any other way to generate ISO image from AOSP build. I wonder how this is done for the other platforms than x86.

Thanks,
Harinath