Android Nougat bootchart crash

Loys Ollivier

Aug 7, 2018, 6:25:51 PM8/7/18
to Android Linux Kernel Development
Hello,

I have a platform running on Android Nougat. Whenever I try to enable bootcharting the device does not boot.

Two things I can see in the log:
1. Crash with "Kernel panic - attempted to kill init"
2. SELiinux av denied permissions on init for sys_ptrace

I've done the following:
1. I tried editing the bootchart function. Increasing the poll time to 2000 fixes the issue but the bootchart does not have the required precision
2 Add SELinux rules for init to be able to sys_ptrace : the device crash and it seems to be even worse.

Any ideas on the problem I might be facing ? Any ideas on how I could solve it ?

I'm wondering if this has to do with a temporary process being read by the bootchart func and ending on a null ptr exception or something like that.

Any help would be appreciated, much thanks !