Debug Android kernel goldfish 3.18 under Mac OS Mojave Problems

Michele Campa

Mar 8, 2019, 5:59:45 PM3/8/19
to Android Linux Kernel Development
Hi all,
I've built android AOSP pie under Mojave and goldfish kernel 3.18 under Debian ( because under OSX is too complicated with headers and full of errors ) .
I've built kernel with debug symbols.
When I try to run AOSP emulator with my goldfish kernel the breakpoints didn't work and execution continuos normally.

Launching AOSP emulator:
emulator -selinux permissive -kernel ../../goldfish_paolo/arch/x86_64/boot/bzImage -show-kernel -verbose -qemu -monitor unix:/tmp/qemuSocket,server,nowait -s -append nokaslr

Launching gdb ( from brew 8.2.1 ):
gdb    vmlinux

Schermata 2019-02-23 alle 17.47.08.png

It seems like unmatch between where I set breakpoint and where really are located the function I want to break.

If I use android studio sdk emulator launching happens this:

emulator -selinux permissive -kernel ../../goldfish_paolo/arch/x86_64/boot/bzImage -show-kernel -verbose -qemu -monitor unix:/tmp/qemuSocket,server,nowait -s -append nokaslr

Launching gdb ( from brew 8.2.1 ):
gdb    vmlinux

Schermata 2019-02-23 alle 18.04.53.png

Had Anyone got these problems?