Help with cross compile of Android for G1 and flashing the image

Jacques

Oct 26, 2008, 4:10:29 AM10/26/08
to Android Internals
Android Internals,

I am looking for any help I can get regarding flashing my G1 with
new firmware. I don't trust factory firmware on any device. I would
like to check out Android and the Linux kernel from git, cross compile
them, and then flash a new image to the G1.

I have had no success with web and group searches. Does anyone
out there even know how the factory flashed the G1? Was it usb, jtag,
or a proprietary interface?

Thanks!

Ichigosama

Oct 27, 2008, 8:59:06 PM10/27/08
to Android Internals
Yes... Me and several people I know are very interested in this topic,
if someone could please enlighten us on how to flash our own copy of
android onto our own G1's that would be greatly appreciated. (this is
what is preventing several people I know from buying the device/
services)