Porting Android on an ARM SoC ...

KL

Oct 17, 2008, 1:31:09 AM10/17/08
to Android Internals
Hi,

I am very interested and new to Android. I have a board of an ARM11
board which can already boot up with Linux. How could I port Android
to run on it ? Anyone have experience on it. Thanks for sharing.

g9613738

Oct 17, 2008, 3:11:43 AM10/17/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Which board do you porting?
I use ARM11's pb11mpcore,
I also can boot up with Linux.
But it is not boot Android.
><
When you have any progress, Could you share me?
Thank you.

CKL

Oct 19, 2008, 9:57:40 PM10/19/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hello, friend,

My board is a ARM11 SoC from a new IC company. It'd be great if there's a note on the Android porting stuff.

Of course, I'd do it if any progress found.

Keep sharing here !
Thanks.
Best Regards,

Chan Kwok Leung
mailto://gior...@graduate.hku.hk
http://ckl.no-ip.org/

g9613738

Oct 22, 2008, 9:02:52 AM10/22/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Could you share me your error message?

Thank you.

Porting beginner

Oct 26, 2008, 4:08:21 PM10/26/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Now I have ported Android ( both m3 and m5) on my ARM11 based SoC.
Let me know if you still have any specific issue with porting on ARM11.

Thanks
Rizz

g9613738

Oct 26, 2008, 11:02:06 PM10/26/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I also port Android on PB11MPCore

But android can not boot.

Do you have meeting this error.

Please help me

Thank you.

未命名 - 3.jpg

Rizz Android

Oct 27, 2008, 6:10:45 PM10/27/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Sorry, I don't face this problem during my porting.

I am using ramfs as my native fs and sd card ( with ext2 fs) for android-fs.
First booting with my ramfs and then switching to android-fs (which is on sd card ) with script ( chroot /mnt /system/bin/sh)
and then executing script to launch android.

I was trying with NAND flash ( android fs on NAND) and getting lots of problem, once I shifted to sd card ( for android fs)
I didnt face any major issue. Try this combination if you can.

Thanks
Rizz

getabhishe...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2008, 2:41:44 AM10/28/08
to Android Internals

I have a board of an ARM11 board(S3C6400) which can already boot up
with Linux(2.6.21). I port Android on this ----

I am porting the android onto s3c6400.
I referred the procedures mentioned in the following websites
before starting the porting

1.http://benno.id.au/blog/2007/11/21/android-neo1973
2.http://euedge.com/blog/2007/12/06/google-android-runs-on-sharp-
zaurus-sl-c760/
3.http://elinux.org/Android_on_OMAP

I have changed my 2.6.21 kernel following the above instruction and
now my android kernel is start booting on to s3c6400 now i am stuck at
this point how to get libc and Delvik virtual machine for android
which support ARM11 based architecure........i extract system.tar from
my running emulator but how do i know that libc will support ARM11

if you have any information or suggestion that iam very thankfull
pls reply me soon
regards
Abhishek

On Oct 28, 3:10 am, "Rizz Android" <porting.begin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, I don't face this problem during my porting.
>
> I am using ramfs as my native fs and sd card ( with ext2 fs) for android-fs.
> First booting with my ramfs and then switching to android-fs (which is on sd
> card ) with script ( chroot /mnt /system/bin/sh)
> and then executing script to launch android.
>
> I was trying with NAND flash ( android fs on NAND) and getting lots of
> problem, once I shifted to sd card ( for android fs)
> I didnt face any major issue. Try this combination if you can.
>
> Thanks
> Rizz
>
> On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 8:02 PM, g9613738 <g9613...@yuntech.edu.tw> wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> > I also port Android on PB11MPCore
>
> > But android can not boot.
>
> > Do you have meeting this error.
>
> > Please help me
>
> > Thank you.

abhishek srivasatava

Oct 28, 2008, 2:20:41 AM10/28/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
hi,
you said you successfuly ported Android on ARM11...i need one
information that i am also using ARM11 based board ,can you pls tell
me how and where we get Libc for ARM11
thanks
Abhishek