GCM CCS (XMPP) Canonical ids

Sebastian Bendeich

Oct 26, 2013, 2:05:54 PM10/26/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody,

does anybody know if the "canonical id" mechanism, which is described in the GCM-over-HTTP documentation, also exists in the CCS (XMPP) protocol??

My first guess would be, that the "from" value in the ACK message does the job of "canoncial id", but it's not documented anywehere :-(
On the other hand, the "from" value is always present in the ACK message, whereas the "registration_id" in GCM-over-HTTP is only present in the response, if there is a canonical id.

I couldn't test it, because since Google approved my account for using CCS (XMPP), I couldn't enforce a registration id change....

Can somebody confirm my guess? Or how do you handle the "canonical id" problem at CCS (XMPP)?

Regards,
Sebastian

grebulon grebulonovich

Mar 18, 2014, 9:09:35 AM3/18/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Any news on this?

Tarak Gudipati

Dec 10, 2014, 12:07:02 PM12/10/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Looks like its not the case, From is always present in xmpp ack & from has the value of the registrationID where the message was sent(To of the request).
I have got an ack from xmpp for the registrationID which is not valid without any additional information where as HTTP sends the new canonical ID ins response for the same registration ID.
pleas let me know if you have found a way to get the canonical ID in xmpp response.

Roman Skvazh

Jan 29, 2015, 2:47:07 AM1/29/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Same problem. I need to clean database from old canonical tokens, but with CCS there is no way :(

Tingmui Li

Feb 17, 2015, 4:33:41 PM2/17/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thank you all for the feedback.

This is in our feature list and we will announce this as soon as it becomes available.

Tingmui Li

Jul 22, 2015, 7:04:57 PM7/22/15
to android-gcm, tin...@google.com
Canonical ID for XMPP support has been added.