FrostWire for Android 1.0.6 Release Candidate

Angel Leon

Apr 3, 2013, 10:15:21 PM4/3/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody,

I'm really excited to announce this next HUGE update, we hadn't had a release since november but we think it was worth the wait.

Download FrostWire for Android 1.0.6 Release Candidate 1 here:
http://dl.frostwire.com/android/fresh/frostwire.1.0.6.rc1.apk

We've fixed a huge number of bugs reported by users worldwide, we've made the application consume 84% less cpu/battery, we've improved our search algorithms, and we've added an amazing new source of free and legal content: archive.org, which indexes millions of public domain and creative commons works and which gives results back in the form of HTTP downloadables and .torrent downloadables.

Download the APK now here and let us know if anything breaks during the next hours,
we only have about 6 different Android devices to test so we need your support
on finding and reporting any last minute bugs before the release
dl.frostwire.com/android/fresh/frostwire.1.0.6.rc1.apk

Here's the full changelog, we think you're going to love this one.

FrostWire 1.0.6 - APR/03/2013
 - Faster search results. Search architecture revised and improved.
 - Includes search results from archive.org, which indexes millions
   of public domain and creative commons works from all over the
   internet.
 - Reduces CPU and battery consumption up to 84%.
 - FrostWire won't disable screen locking during audio playback.
   It's now up to the user to set longer auto-locking timeouts if
   they want to use FrostWire as an audio player in their vehicles.
 - UI fix, media player screen is correctly updated if a song starts
   while the screen was locked.
 - Updated icons and graphics.
 - Improved mime type detection.
 - Supports WebM video search results.
 - Updated UPnP cling libraries for better Wi-Fi sharing discovery.
 - Multiple crashes and freezes fixed.
 - Opens .torrent files from urls and from any file browser.
 - Faster hashing and checking of ongoing and finished torrent downloads.
 - Fixes a crash when sharing files from third party apps like FileKicker
   which pass filepath uris instead of android provider uris.
 - Fixes double audio playback issue with third party media playing apps.
 - Fixes bug where the app would force close and restart on phones without SD cards.
 - Fixes bug on Android 4.x where finished document downloads wouldn't appear under
   documents.

Feel free to ask any questions about this release.

schoo...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2013, 11:17:39 PM4/3/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hey how bout a iOS cydia release! Come onnnnnn. Lol jailbreaking is legal in the US soooooo

Sent from my iPhone

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "FrostWire for Android Testers" group.

schoo...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2013, 11:19:23 PM4/3/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Tested on my Motorola droid 2 works great so far

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 3, 2013, at 10:15 PM, Angel Leon <guba...@gmail.com> wrote:

Travis Rhodes

Apr 4, 2013, 12:54:52 AM4/4/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Force close when hitting frostwire icon in top left corner.

Travis Rhodes

Apr 4, 2013, 12:58:38 AM4/4/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Force close when hitting the x button within search bar.

Travis Rhodes

Apr 4, 2013, 12:59:49 AM4/4/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Now, just had force close without touching anything.

schoo...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2013, 7:59:09 AM4/4/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com, android-...@googlegroups.com
It started doing that as well for me then stopped then started again

Sent from my iPhone

Angel Leon

Apr 4, 2013, 9:44:32 AM4/4/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
If any of you getting force closes can send us the adb logcat output of the crashes it'd be awesome so we can fix them.

In the meantime we'll be checking the android developer log reports to see if anything has gone up to google.

Travis, when you say that you got a force close opening the navigation menu (touching the frostwire logo on the left), on what screen were you on? could you replicate it?

Will check if there's anything wrong when clearing the text on the search bar ("x" button)

Timothy Pickett

Apr 4, 2013, 1:43:09 PM4/4/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com

I have not had any force closes here at all. Seems like all my downloads keep going into Queued. But no other problems that I have been able to produce. Very fast, looks great! Using Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.2.2.

Phase3d (@KG8OC)

Travis Rhodes

Apr 4, 2013, 2:04:05 PM4/4/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com

I'll try to get a log cat later. It force closes on the frostwire logo every time I push it. So yes I can replicate it. And it happens on the initial screen that opens up. Don't see any other screen that it would happen on.

Timothy Pickett

Apr 4, 2013, 2:45:07 PM4/4/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com

My downloads keep stopping with this error:

Error: Inconsistent download state initSupport state = 20

Phase3d (@KG8OC)

Angel Leon

Apr 4, 2013, 3:49:53 PM4/4/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Tim, are you downloading with Wifi or with 3g/4g?

Angel Leon

Apr 4, 2013, 3:50:32 PM4/4/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
We've seen that the inconsistent download state error occurs after loosing and regaining connectivity, perhaps it's the same issue (trying to fix this one now)

Timothy Pickett

Apr 4, 2013, 4:07:44 PM4/4/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com

I was on 4G LTE on Verizon when receiving the error. I'm at home now, and I'm going to try via Wi-Fi, and see what happens.

Tim Phase3d (@KG8OC)

Daniel Marchesani

Apr 4, 2013, 5:31:03 PM4/4/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com

I know this is insignificant, but under preferences,  you spelled connectivity incorrectly.   "Conectivity" should be "nn"

Angel Leon

Apr 4, 2013, 10:12:14 PM4/4/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
oh wow, that's very significant, makes us look very unprofessional. Good catch.

fixed

Timothy Pickett

Apr 5, 2013, 7:26:18 AM4/5/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Angel,

I also noticed when I leave the app, then return it tells me Phase3d is not responding. That is when I'm using 4G. When this happens the transfers are stopped, and must restart again. I'm sure the app is suppose to continue the transfers in the background?

Tim Phase3d (@KG8OC)

Angel Leon

Apr 5, 2013, 9:12:56 AM4/5/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
yes the app is suppose to continue transfers in the background, http downloads occur in background threads and bittorrent background run on a service if I remember correctly

Timothy Pickett

Apr 5, 2013, 11:07:14 AM4/5/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com

OK, currently trying to download a torrent.