Android 6.0 Testers needed today (fw 1.6.4 b205 release candidate 1)

Angel Leon

Oct 22, 2015, 9:15:46 AM10/22/15
to FrostWire for Android Testers
Android 6 broke our last release due to the new permissions system.

a quick work around to get the 1.6.4 version to work was going to Android System Settings > Apps > FrostWire and then manually give FrostWire storage permissions.

On this release (just built for you guys)
https://github.com/frostwire/frostwire-android/releases/tag/frostwire-1.6.5-b205

We have integated the new Android 6 permissions framework and you should be asked the first time you run FrostWire for storage permissions.

Other than that we fixed a lot of stuff and improved subtle user experience details.

Please let us know how the download experience is, we heard Android 6 might put background servicds to sleep to save battery (while at the same time it encrypts all your stored files, probably very battery intensive...)

We havent been able to test long downloads much as we had to code the release on a very slow emulator.

let us know how it goes.

Jonathan Martin

Oct 22, 2015, 9:40:34 PM10/22/15
to FrostWire for Android Testers
What do you need to know. I have the new Moto X Pure running stock Android 5.1.1

Angel Leon

Oct 22, 2015, 11:03:44 PM10/22/15
to FrostWire for Android Testers
Here's a new installer (RC2)
https://github.com/frostwire/frostwire-android/releases/tag/frostwire-1.6.5-b206

Just need to know that it works as expected.
If something breaks, it helps a great deal to attach the "adb logcat" output right around the time the crash happened.