1.6.1 is out, with Streaming Preview, and Play while you download!

Angel Leon

Aug 12, 2015, 9:20:57 PM8/12/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com

http://frostwire.com/android - We think it's a pretty kick ass release, but we could use your feedback to improve further for 1.6.2.

So far it's the most stable we've had, in comparison to other releases where we'd get anywhere between 40-200 crash reports in a 24 hour period, we got less than 10 crashes, wohoo, meaning a lot of the work on our native torrent library is finally paying off in stability and performance.

Most of the crashes we've received are related to our fork of the Apollo player which is included with FrostWire, and we've already fixed some of them, so they shouldn't come up on 1.6.2

Enjoy!

FrostWire 1.6.1 - AUGUST/10/2015

 - Fixes TorLock search.

 - Crash fixes on libtorrent/jlibtorrent.

 - Considerably faster search source processing.

 - Search engines maintenance fix high cpu usage.

 - Brings back "Send to/Upload" feature. Deleted by mistake.

FrostWire 1.6.0 - AUGUST/03/2015

 - Streaming Previews on search results before download. (FrostWire Plus only)

 - Play .torrent media files while downloading.

 - Upgrade bittorrent engine to jlibtorrent 1.0

 - Updated SoundCloud search & download api.

 - Improved search suggestions.

 - Improved transition between My Music and Home screens.

 - Multiple crash fixes in music player.

Timothy Pickett

Aug 13, 2015, 4:10:22 AM8/13/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Angel,

Looks great, and no bugs so far. You guys have done a awesome job!

Tim Phase3d
@kg8oc

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "FrostWire for Android Testers" group.

Angel Leon

Aug 13, 2015, 6:32:23 PM8/13/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much Tim!