FrostWire 1.0.8 build 85 - Release Candidate

Angel Leon

May 25, 2013, 9:21:52 AM5/25/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
We'll be beta testing this later using the new Google Play beta testing feature.

In the meantime you guys should try it first. Let's hope you like this release, a lot of work as always, thanks for all the feedback. Please crash it and send us adb logcats here

(No more Google Admob, Google blocked us, so we are now going to survive on donations and an initial offering when you first install FrostWire, other than that, no nags.)

Oh, and now we have a new "Watch TV" Menu entry that will take you to an App created by our new partner FilmOn.com - More about this on the press release later this week.

FrostWire 1.0.8 - MAY/25/2013
 - New main menu entry to launch "FrostWire TV" app.
 - Search algorithm improvement brings better quality and missing search results.
 - Local audio files now show album art making local music browsing friendlier.
 - Fixes bug where audio player would stop instead of pausing when removing headphones.
 - Updated Image caching based on Picasso, better frame rate overall, should see
   less Out of memory error reports.
 - Fixes bug where the search cache couldn't purge old entries nor it could be deleted.
 - Fix for parsing torrents with minor mistakes in trackers list.
 - Less intensive HTML detection during torrent parsing
 - Added jdk14 logging library.
 - Fixes bug where .torrent files and magnets would not open with some file/web browsers.
 - Fixes crash reported when there is no access to the image cache folder.
 - Fixes crash initializing donations Billing Service.
 - Better description for mobile network data usage and bittorrent preferences.
 - Removed Google AdMob.
 - Added donations request component instead of ads.
 - Integrates Offercast offers on installation.

frostwire.1.0.8.build86.apk