Release Candidate 2 Ready (v1.0.6)

1 view

Angel Leon

Apr 8, 2013, 5:21:05 PM4/8/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Download Here
http://dl.frostwire.com/android/fresh/frostwire.1.0.6.rc2.apk

A million thanks for the quick turn around on bug reports found on the RC1 installer.

We got to fix a lot more (bugfixes on the bittorrent core will come for 1.0.7, those are a little harder to fix).

Here's the updated changelog:

FrostWire 1.0.6 - APR/08/2013
 - Faster search results. Search architecture revised and improved.
 - Includes search results from archive.org, which indexes millions
   of public domain and creative commons works from all over the
   internet.
 - Reduces CPU and battery consumption up to 84%.
 - FrostWire won't disable screen locking during audio playback.
   It's now up to the user to set longer auto-locking timeouts if
   they want to use FrostWire as an audio player in their vehicles.
 - UI fix, media player screen is correctly updated if a song starts
   while the screen was locked.
 - Updated icons and graphics.
 - Improved mime type detection.
 - Supports WebM video search results.
 - Updated UPnP cling libraries for better Wi-Fi sharing discovery.
 - Multiple crashes and freezes fixed.
 - Opens .torrent files from urls and from any file browser.
 - Faster hashing and checking of ongoing and finished torrent downloads.
 - Fixes a crash when sharing files from third party apps like FileKicker
   which pass filepath uris instead of android provider uris.
 - Fixes double audio playback issue with third party media playing apps.
 - Fixes bug where the app would force close and restart on phones without SD cards.
 - Fixes bug on Android 4.x where finished document downloads wouldn't appear under
   documents.
 - Avoids crash caused by AdMobSDK and WebView's cache being null.
 - Fixes bug where sharing files from a third party app would open FrostWire
   in a way that hitting the back button would take the user to the desktop and
   not back into the third party app.
 - Replaced navigation menu for a better one that presents itself with a smooth
   brief zoom-in animation.
 - Navigation menu and transfer screen looks properly on Motorola Razor
 - More efficient use of Bitmaps should cut down on the number of Out of Memory errors on most devices.

(Travis Rhodes, please let us know if with this version you still get a force close when trying to open the nav. menu, this bug is pretty big if we didn't fix it for the Samsung Note 2)

Angel Leon

Apr 9, 2013, 12:08:32 PM4/9/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Anybody got a crash or freeze with this version?

Timothy Pickett

Apr 9, 2013, 12:25:51 PM4/9/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Angel,

I have had no issues at all at this point. Will continue to test, but looks good at this point. I downloaded a almost 1gb file last night with no problem. :)

Tim - Phase3d (@KG8OC)

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "FrostWire for Android Testers" group.

Travis Rhodes

Apr 9, 2013, 12:37:48 PM4/9/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Well I got good news for ya. Whatever you did seems to have fixed it. No more force closes on the menu any more.

Angel Leon

Apr 9, 2013, 12:58:32 PM4/9/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Yes! Thank you Tim and Travis, great to find the force closes aren't there anymore, it was a good move
replacing the menu control.

We'll be releasing in the next hours, we'll be moving other fixes (and a few new features, the most important will be searching the files shared on wifi) to the next update.

Also lots of planned updates to make the file browsing experience better, namely picture browsing will be a lot better.

Timothy Pickett

Apr 9, 2013, 1:06:12 PM4/9/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Awesome! Looking forward to all the planned new additions in the future. :)

Tim

William Whitman

Apr 9, 2013, 3:38:10 PM4/9/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I have had no problems with crashing yet