FrostWire 2.0.2 build 515 final release

Angel Leon

Mar 27, 2018, 9:48:38 PM3/27/18
to FrostWire for Android Testers
Hi all,

Please give this one a try and let us know how it runs on your device, we've spent 2 months ironing out crashes and fixes and made the application architecture a lot better moving forward as we get ready for Android 9's strict performance requirements.

Major release focused on stability and speed. Dozens of crashes and freezes are gone, Android 8.0 compatibility issues addressed as more Android vendors started rolling out Android 8 to millions of Android 7 devices this past weeks of March 2018.

YouTube and BitTorrent downloads are faster, the app's architecture has been revised, lots of work that was done in the foreground thread has correctly been moved to background threads, loads of possible memory leaks fixed. FrostWire now offers 3 featured VPN clients and can better detect if your internet connection is protected with a VPN tunnel from several other vendors.

CHANGELOG

FrostWire 2.0.2 build 515 - MAR/26/2018
 - Application startup is faster
 - Faster YT downloads
 - Zooqle search fixes
 - TorrentDownloads search fixes
 - LimeTorrents search fixes
 - Library updates: jlibtorrent 1.2.0.17, applovin 7.8.5, ogury 2.2.8, mopub 4.20.0, okhttp 3.10.0, gson 2.8.2, gradle 4.6, gradle plugin 3.1.0, support libraries 27.1.0, gms 12.0.0
 - When audio files are deleted from "My Files" they're now cleared from "Recents" in "My Music"
 - Bug where deleted .torrent files would reappear fixed
 - Translations updated, Urdu update
 - Loads of Crash and Freeze fixes
 - VPN detection and offering updates
 - Notifications work again on Android 8.0
29662641_10156284079197863_8914415519872096904_o.jpg