1.6 update frustrations

Felicia

Oct 6, 2009, 6:40:00 PM10/6/09
to Android Discuss
Ever since the update, it seems like everything I open or do it force
closes on me. I can't even rotate my phone on the homescreen without
that wretched gray box popping up. The box mentions "acore". Grr....I
hope they fix that. Anyone else having the same problem??

MrChaz

Oct 7, 2009, 2:21:59 PM10/7/09
to Android Discuss
I suspect it'll be an application that you have that's not compatible
with 1.6 - there are a few changes which are causing thing which were
fine 1.5 to break.
I'd look for updates and / or try removing them one by one to see if
that fixes it.

L!TH!UM

Oct 7, 2009, 11:16:35 PM10/7/09
to Android Discuss
Are you using the OTA update or is this a rooted phone you updated
yourself? I had to do a wipe and then install the update to get
things working for me.

Felicia

Oct 9, 2009, 1:02:38 PM10/9/09
to Android Discuss
@MrChaz: ok I'll try that. Thanks
@L!TH!UM: OTA.

Would t-mobile know anything?

wataru

Oct 9, 2009, 1:46:23 PM10/9/09
to Android Discuss
Maybe your phone does not have any space (RAM) left?

I noticed this myself while ago
When phone is severely low on space,
most application will force close lot more frequently.

If this is the case, you can clear browser cache or
delete applications that you don't use normally to free up
some space.