Donut SDKs

Al Sutton

Jul 16, 2009, 1:09:10 PM7/16/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
Yup, I've been a building again (I wanted to check my build environments after reading http://androidguys.com/?p=6019)....

Usual disclaimers;

- These are from the Open source repository and so may not reflect the final donut with all its' sprinkles.
- Don't bug JBQ or anyone else at Google directly about things you don't like, the Google repo may have already changed them, and if you really want to fix something submit a bug & patch to b.android.com.
- Freely distribute them if you want, but the AndAppStore URL will require a login and AndAppStore account.
- If you want to show your appreciation for the work, submit list your app at AndAppStore.com :).

Oh, the URL, it's; http://andappstore.com/AndroidApplications/sdk/

Enjoy,

Al.

P.S. For me the performance seemed pretty slow, but your mileage may vary.

--

* Written an Android App? - List it at http://andappstore.com/ *

======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,
152-160 City Road, London,  EC1V 2NX, UK.

subsidiaries.

Fred Grott

Jul 16, 2009, 1:22:20 PM7/16/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
I just recently did builds as well, must be a pain  on Windows no?

Fred Grott
http://mobilebytes.wodpress.com

Al Sutton

Fred Grott

Jul 16, 2009, 1:53:55 PM7/16/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
I thought about setiing up a windows build but than remembered the pain of the cygwin/java combo

Muthu Ramadoss

Jul 16, 2009, 3:28:47 PM7/16/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
Any combo with windows is a big pain :->

take care,
Muthu Ramadoss.

http://linkedin.com/in/tellibitz
http://androidrocks.googlecode.com - Android Consulting.

Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach  - "Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Jay Foad

Jul 31, 2009, 10:41:33 AM7/31/09
to Android Discuss
Hi Al,

Thanks for creating this SDK. When I unzip it on Debian lenny I get:

$ tools/android list targets
Error: Ignoring platform 'android-Donut': ro.build.version.sdk is not
a valid number in build.prop.
Available Android targets:
$ grep ro.build.version.sdk platforms/android-Donut/build.prop
ro.build.version.sdk=3

... so I can't create any AVDs, so I can't use the emulator. Am I
doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Jay.

Jay Foad

Jul 31, 2009, 4:35:28 AM7/31/09
to Android Discuss
Al,

Thanks for creating this SDK. When I unzip it on Debian lenny, I get:

$ tools/android list targets
Error: Ignoring platform 'android-Donut': ro.build.version.sdk is not
a valid number in build.prop.
Available Android targets:
$ grep ro.build.version.sdk platforms/android-Donut/build.prop
ro.build.version.sdk=3

... so I can't create an AVD, so I can't use the emulator.

bhoj

Aug 3, 2009, 2:44:58 AM8/3/09
to Android Discuss
Hello Jay,

Did you find a fix for the problem. Even I am facing the same problem.

Regards,
Vishal

Al Sutton

Aug 3, 2009, 4:10:11 AM8/3/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
To fix this you need to edit ro.build.version.incremental in and platforms/android-Donut/build.prop remove the AndAppStore- from the front so you're left with;

ro.build.version.incremental=20090725

The error message saying it's a problem with ro.build.version.sdk is actually a bug in the SDK which I've asked to be checked to see if it's still in the internal Google repo.

Al.
--

* Written an Android App? - List it at http://andappstore.com/ *

======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,
152-160 City Road, London,  EC1V 2NX, UK.

subsidiaries.

Aug 3, 2009, 2:55:48 PM8/3/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
btw, this is property is not read anymore, so next time we do a push
and you build an SDK yourself you won't have this problem.

Xav
--
Xavier Ducrohet
Android Developer Tools Engineer

vishal bhoj

Aug 4, 2009, 7:10:30 AM8/4/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Al Sutton, It worked for me now.
--
with regards vishal

Al Sutton

Aug 4, 2009, 7:36:44 AM8/4/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
Due to a code push last night from the mother ship I've rolled some more SDKs. One interesting thing is the list of supported skins on the target is now;

HVGA (default), WVGA, QVGA

So there may be some WVGA loveliness in it or coming soon.

Usual disclaimers;

- These are from the Open source repository and so may not reflect the final donut with all its' sprinkles.

- Don't bug JBQ or anyone else at Google directly about things you don't like, the Google repo may have already changed them, and if you really want to fix something submit a bug & patch to b.android.com.

- Freely distribute them if you want, but the AndAppStore URL will require a login and AndAppStore account.

- If you want to show your appreciation for the work, submit list your app at AndAppStore.com :).

- Do not swallow.

Enjoy,

Al.