Is JNI (Java Native Interface) supported in Android’s Java?

thapa...@hotmail.com

Mar 31, 2009, 8:47:09 AM3/31/09
to Android Discuss
As an Android application developer, I want to use native C/C++
libraries from Java. So wanted to know whether JNI support is
available in Android version of Java?

Stoyan Damov

Mar 31, 2009, 5:04:18 PM3/31/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
There are rumours, cough, 3D Realms are working on this feature in cupcake ;)

ajay thapar

Apr 1, 2009, 1:41:47 AM4/1/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
So you mean to say that JNI is NOT supported in Andriod 1.1?

If supported then link to related documentation will be a great help.

> Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 00:04:18 +0300
> Subject: [android-discuss] Re: Is JNI (Java Native Interface) supported in Android’s Java?
> From: stoyan...@gmail.com
> To: android...@googlegroups.com

Stoyan Damov

Apr 1, 2009, 4:31:55 AM4/1/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
no, it's not

David Turner

Apr 1, 2009, 7:24:23 AM4/1/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
JNI is supported by the Dalvik VM, this is how nearly all the native libraries are called from Java.
However, at this point, native code is not officially supported in application packages, even though
there are tricky ways to achieve this.

On the other hand, we're currently preparing a Native Development Kit (NDK) which will provide
tools for application developers who want to add native code to their apps, as well as officially
sanctioned APIs (i.e. header files) that will be guaranteed to be supported across all future
platform revisions, including the JNI-related headers.

There is no ETA on this yet, but it will be available as soon as possible.

ajay thapar

Apr 1, 2009, 8:20:20 AM4/1/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for the clarification. Wish NDK to be out for the developres ASAP.

Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 13:24:23 +0200

Subject: [android-discuss] Re: Is JNI (Java Native Interface) supported in Android’s Java?

chengli

Mar 31, 2009, 9:03:29 PM3/31/09