Re: [android-discuss] ADB: error: insufficient permissions for device

Message has been deleted

Tobias Eisentraeger

Nov 11, 2009, 1:19:35 PM11/11/09
to android...@googlegroups.com

You need to start the adb server as root.

On 11 Nov 2009 18:27, "android-newb" <spamm...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have a Motorla Cliq which I'm trying to connect to via adb. When I
run 'adb devices', this is what happens:

List of devices attached
????????????    no permissions

If I try 'adb usb', this is what happens:

error: insufficient permissions for device

This is my /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules:

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="22b8", ATTRS{idProduct} =="41db",
MODE="0666", OWNER="vineel"

My adb version is 1.0.25. My Cliq runs Android 1.5. I run Ubuntu 9.10.
What am I doing wrong here?

Tobias Eisentraeger

Nov 12, 2009, 12:52:19 AM11/12/09
to android...@googlegroups.com