ADP1 doesn't start now and I am not being able to do a FASTBOOT

Nikhil Agarwal

Apr 25, 2010, 7:31:04 AM4/25/10
to Android-DevPhone-Updating
My ADP1 suddenly stopped working. On starting the phone, I get a
screen with yellow stripes with the android logo. The logo comes and
goes and the phone vibrates erratically. The screen finally becomes
blank and I need to take out the battery to switch off the phone.
I thought of reloading Android 1.6 onto it. The only option I seemed
to have was Fastboot as I am able to enter fastboot using the Power
+Camera key and then pressing the Back key. I was able to erase user
data and the cache but I was not able to update the system image. I
got the following message:-

archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
archive does not contain 'system.sig'
Bootloader Version...: 0.95.3000
Baseband Version.....: 2.22.19.26I
Serial Number........: UNKNOWN
checking product... OKAY
checking serialno... OKAY
checking version-bootloader... OKAY
checking version-baseband... OKAY
checking version-cpld... OKAY
sending 'boot' (1838 KB)... OKAY
writing 'boot'... FAILED (remote: image is not a boot image)

Is something wrong with the hardware? The phone belongs to my school
and I need to return it in working condition. I would really
appreciate any help. Thanks.

roland boyd

May 1, 2010, 1:33:42 PM5/1/10
to android-devp...@googlegroups.com