Upgrading android phone

1 view

andu

Feb 17, 2010, 4:33:54 AM2/17/10
to Android-DevPhone-Updating
How are you all?

I have android phone with firmware version 1.1, Model number Android
Dev Phone 1 and Unlocked version. I want to upgrade it to android 1.5
or later version. my question is:

1. How can I upgrade my phone?
2. Does upgrading affect the phone if it fails to upgrade properly?

I am new to this concept. please help me

Andu.

Troglodad

Feb 22, 2010, 8:54:45 AM2/22/10
to Android-DevPhone-Updating
You can easily upgrade by down downloading the radio image to the
phone's sd card, then rebooting and using key combinations. But you
really need a second micro SD to also do this with the Recovery image.

There's a thread about this at:

http://groups.google.com/group/Android-DevPhone-Updating/browse_thread/thread/9daf5bddb600eb9b/809c134b322237f2?lnk=gst&q=troglodad#809c134b322237f2

Also, if you upgrade your data is all good. But if you ever want to
downgrade... you have to factory reset and you lose data.

I'd hold on another month- because surely 2.1 will be available by
then, right guys?

Guys?

Anyone?

(This board doesn't get much traffic anymore...)

Ajibola

Feb 22, 2010, 9:04:29 AM2/22/10
to android-devp...@googlegroups.com

2.1?.... we'll be extremely  lucky if we get a 2.0.1

On Feb 17, 4:33 am, andu <alemf...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> How are you all?
>

> I have android phone wi...

Griff

Feb 20, 2010, 8:41:58 PM2/20/10
to Android-DevPhone-Updating
For the ADP1, go to this URL and follow the instructions:
http://developer.htc.com/adp.html

lbcoder

Mar 2, 2010, 9:18:11 AM3/2/10
to Android-DevPhone-Updating
Fully functional and stable community 2.1 firmware will be available
in a matter of days. HTC involvement is no longer needed.